Thursday, September 2, 2010

It's Official......

Okay, so a dream I have had for the past few years is in the process of being made.

Today, I officially registered for the North Face Gore-Tex 50 Mile Trail Championship. The date is December 4th, 2010. This is the 5th and final race of 50 Milers put on by North Face around America and it is the Championship. The race is held in the Marin Headlands just north of San Francisco, featuring some amazing scenery and so called "hard uphill" running. Since it is the championship it comes with a lot of prize money ($10,000 for 1st), which undoubtedly attracts some of the top ultra runners. Last year Uli Steidl and Geoff Roes took top two, respectively. This year, Tony Krupicka is on the participant list. Even the legend, Matt Carpenter, won this race in 08.
Some might worry that this might affect my final year of cross country, since Nationals is a mere two weeks before this race, but it won't. I am not going to alter my training at all from here until Nationals. But, you can bet that I will be doing some big runs in the two weeks in between.
.
I am very excited about this opportunity, as it could lead to bigger things. None the less, I will build a deeper connection with my body in nature far into a run, farther than I have ever been before.
.
First its time to run fast for 5 miles!
.
WMO

1 comment:

  1. "which undoubtedly attracts some of the top ultra runners".

    - could you be anymore like Anton?

    ReplyDelete